Located on İstiklal Caddesi, St. Anthony Of Padua is both the largest Catholic church in Istanbul and home to the largest Catholic congregation in the city. The construction of this red-brick church began in 1906 and was designed by the architect Giulio Mongeri, who was born in Istanbul.
Open for worship since 1912, the church is run by Italian priests and is notable for its red facade and stained glass. The entrance of its courtyard on Istiklal Caddesi is flanked by two interconnected apartments, each six-stories tall, built to raise money for the church. These buildings have the distinction of being the first reinforced concrete buildings on the avenue.